Thursday, June 23, 2005

Return to Borneo - Day 12

A DAY APART

As many of you will know, the original reason for our return to Sabah was so that Shanon could climb Mt. Kinabalu. Unfortunately when I went to try and book it a few months back the accommodation up the mountain was already fully booked. So instead Shanon booked himself on a couple of other tours. Today it was diving and I watched jealously as the mini-van came to take him away.

Shanon's diving lesson took place at Mamutik Island, and having never been diving before he had a great time. Besides the fact that there was no visibility due to recent stormy weather stirring everything up. Unfortunately he was only able to dive for an hour or so due to sinus troubles, but has vowed to return and spent the rest of the day snorkelling and relaxing on the island.

Meanwhile I had a grand time back at the resort. The resort is about 45 mins from Kota Kinabalu and situated on a pretty much deserted 3km beach. Last year we found the heat too much to wander too far, but this year we must have got used to it as we're not bothered at all. So I used my free time to wander off down the beach and do a bit of exploring. I had the most fantastic time feeling like the luckiest girl in the world for getting to wander a beautiful beach in Borneo without a single person in sight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home