Africa - Day 3
This morning we were up bright and early at 6am, which was quite surprising as I thought I'd be all jet-lagged. But no, I was absolutely fine and already on Africa time. I took those No Jet-Lag tablets for the first time this trip. I don't know if it was the tablets, or a placebo effect, but I felt a million times better than I have before, even after much shorter flights. Unfortunately I had a repeat of the blood nose as soon as I woke up, so obviously the long journey did have some sort of adverse effect.
We had a fantastic breakfast (included in the room rate) in the excellent restaurant in the hotel, and then went back to the room to watch a movie on TV. Before lunch we went and sat by the fountain for a while and then wandered in and explored the parts of Emperor's Palace which we didn't see last night. The casino was amazing with gaming machines as far as the eye could see. The most popular machines were the 1 cent machines.....that's the equivalent of about 0.2 NZ cents! We also went to Chariots which is a 24 hour indoor family entertainment centre. There is an indoor roller coaster, bumper cars, and a few hundred video game machines of various types.
We had lunch at Nando's and were joined in the food court by some boxers and their entourage.
Tomorrow night there is some boxing taking place in the complex and they were just coming back from their preliminary health check. You could tell who the boxers were as they were the ones that walked with the biggest swagger.
After a lazy afternoon reading back in the room we went to Wimpy, a restaurant which serves mostly burger meals, for dinner. I embarassed myself royally when I spilled my coke all over the table and had to run and get the waiter to help. I couldn't get out of there fast enough after that. Shanon decided that dessert was in order and we went over to an ice-cream shop called Milky Lane where Shanon ordered some delicious waffles. You couldn't honestly sit and eat all day at Emperor's Palace. There's a lot of food and it's all delicious and really cheap.
A couple of dollars led to an entertaining hour or two on the game machines at the casino (my first time ever), and then it was back to the room for another fairly early night.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home