Japan - The Aftermath
Our luggage turned up at our house at 8:30am and we woke to see that it was a beautiful day. Since it was Anzac Day we had the day off work and all was going well until I heard Shanon yelling for me from the laundry. I walked in there to find the whole laundry and kitchen flooded with water.
It all goes back to the day we left for Japan. If you recall from an earlier post we had a leak in our kitchen that day. Shanon had mopped the water up with some towels and threw them in the sink. The sink that the washing machine drains into. This led to today's disaster. After establishing that we both shared the blame (I should of noticed the towels before I put the washing on) we set about using ever other towel in the house to mop up the water. We didn't have enough and Shanon had to spend ages soaking the rest of the water up with the mop.
Once that was sorted we were excited to go and buy some groceries and pick up Jessie from the cattery. We were going in our old car as the company one was at Shanon's work. When I opened the car a couple of cockroaches came crawling out. Worried that there were lots more hidden in the car I was reluctant to get in, but Shanon assured me that I wouldn't have anything to worry about. After looking all around and not spotting any more I got in the car and we drove to Mum's to collect our mail without incident.
Not long after leaving Mum's a cockroach crawled out of the door and onto the window right next to my face. I thought that I had overcome this fear in Borneo when I walked through a cave crawling with thousands of them. I guess I was wrong. It turns out that having one crawling around right next to your face when you have no escape route is many times worse than a whole cave full of them. It is about now that I started giving a hysterical performance which Shanon likened to a hippo giving birth (how would he know?). It was most definitely not my finest moment. Even though he was completely unsympathetic to my situation he eventually offered to pull over so that I could get out and sit in the back seat. But when I opened the back door I immediately spotted another roach. I really hope no-one I know was driving past at the time as I pretty much lost the plot at this point. I got back in the front and after some more hysterics Shanon turned around and drove me home.
After getting out of the car I immediately felt rather ridiculous, especially as no other creepy crawlies ever phase me. But there was no way I was getting back in that car and so Shanon continued on without me.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home