Saturday, June 02, 2007

Africa, here we come!

On November 9 we will be embarking on what might just be our best adventure yet. We’re going to Africa! Shanon’s been talking about it for years, but I never in my wildest dreams imagined that it would actually become a reality. But now it’s really happening and every time that I look at our tickets I just about faint with excitement.

We’ll be spending a total of 14 nights in Africa: five at Chobe National Park in Botswana, five at a game lodge in the Timbavati Game Reserve in South Africa, and the other four in Johannesburg in between all our various flights. I’m a huge wildlife lover and cannot wait for the day that I head out on my first real African game drive. Shanon bought himself a new camera recently and is accumulating many pictures of the cat, and of the local birdlife, in preparation for taking photos of the African wildlife.

1 Comments:

At June 5, 2007 at 2:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Rachel, what an incredible trip! I've always dreamed of going wildlife-spotting in Africa (mostly to see the meerkats - so cute!). I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time. :o)

Speak to you soon - don't be shy! :o)

xoxo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home