November
At the beginning of November I attended my old school friend Kim's baby shower. I was good friends with her and Rosalie, who was also there, all through high school. But due to various reasons the three of us had not all been in the same room since mid 2001, just before I moved to Canada and Kim moved to Melbourne. It was wonderful to see them both again. Kim has since had her first daughter and Rosalie her second.
Baby mania continued as my aunt Kathy gave birth to a baby daughter called Billie. It's a tiny bit odd being close to 30 years older than my cousin so Aunt Kathy is calling Shannon and I aunties instead. And for those of you currently having a giggle picturing my husband as an aunty I would like to point out that my sister has the same name as him. The difference is that my sister spells her name with 2 n's and my husband with 1.
At the end of the month we went to see U2 in concert (thanks to our friend Ryan for getting us the tickets), and had a grand old time. I've never really been a fan, but they certainly know how to put on a fantastic show.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home