Friday, June 23, 2006

Back in Belfast

After my tour I spent 3 days recovering in Edinburgh. I did a lot of sleeping, reading and mucking about. Then 2 days ago I flew back here to Belfast. When I was here a few weeks ago the sun was shining and the sky was blue. This time around I haven't been so lucky. There's rain, there's clouds, and there's an excessive amount of wind. It's only 12 degrees too, even though it's supposed to be summer! Down one street I was walking along yesterday the wind was so strong I was honestly a little bit concerned that it may knock me down! It was funny seeing everyone walking on an angle. Since the weather has been so grotty I haven't done much in the way of sightseeing and am mostly sticking to indoor activities, like shopping. I'm here for another 2 full days so if things don't fine up I may just have to go spend all my cash at the movies.

I'm currently staying at the Belfast YHA which is very nice indeed, especially the kitchen/dining area. It's lovely being able to prepare my own meals. And for the first time in 2 weeks my clothes are getting properly washed right now. Heaven! The Special Olympics are on in Belfast at the moment, and lots of Special Olympians are staying in the hostel which is kind of cool.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home