Saturday, June 17, 2006

Enjoying Scotland

I'm still on tour (1 day to go...boo hoo!), and still having a wonderful time. After Inverness we drove to the Isle of Skye, which was our home for 2 nights. Skye is awesome - fantastic scenery and very few people. The little town we stayed in (Kyleakin) was very cute. I definitely want to go back and take Shanon with me. The day tour we had there would have to be one of my favourite days in this whole entire trip. Since it's so far north it didn't really get dark at all. It was very weird walking home from the pub at midnight and it still being kind of light.

Yesterday we drove here to Oban. Unfortunately my good weather luck ran out today and it was grey and a little bit rainy. But we still managed to get out to a few cool places - a castle, a fort, some standing stones, a graveyard etc. Sorry, still no photos. Hopefully I'll be able to find an internet place in Edinburgh where I can connect my camera.

It's almost 9 weeks since I left NZ now, and just 2 more to go. The time has gone so fast!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home