Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Bitten By a Tick

I'm in Scotland! On Saturday I flew to Edinburgh, which seemed great from the small amount that I saw. My hostel was in the most amazingly perfect location directly across the road from the castle. I'm spending 3 days in Edinburgh next week, so I'm looking forward to that.

For the past 2 days I've been on a tour with Macbackpackers. The group is full of neat people and nice and small (less than a dozen). Yesterday we drove here to Inverness, and today we visited various places in this area such as Loch Ness. We didn't spot the Loch Ness monster though. I'm really enjoying the tour so far - Scotland is gorgeous. We've been to lots of beautiful areas where there are no other people around. It's lovely. Unfortunately wandering around in the forest isn't all fun and games though. This evening when I got back to the hostel I discovered a tick had embedded itself in my leg. Ewwww!

For those of you that are 'Monarch of the Glen' fans, prepare to get extremely jealous because.......I went to the (fictional) town of Glenbogle. Ha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home