Finally, the End of the Story
The weather in Belfast stayed grey, windy and wet so I didn't really go exploring, but I had a lovely time anyway. On Sunday morning I had to get up very early to go to the airport, and was especially sad to leave when I got outside and saw that it was a gorgeous day. I flew to Heathrow where I had 6 hours before my flight to Singapore. The first time I went through Heathrow I was flying out of Terminal 1 and found it to be quite an enjoyable experience. This time I was flying out of Terminal 3 and had an horrific time. With major flights leaving to India and China at the same time there were people everywhere. Lots and lots of people, and lots of standing in line too. It took me over two hours to get checked in and through security. I would of rated it as my least favourite airport if not for the fact that the lady who checked me in was one of the nicest, friendliest check-in people I've ever come across. She made my day!
I spent 3 nights in Singapore and had a wonderful time. I splashed out on a hotel room, and loved having a big bed, TV and bath all to myself. Right out the front of my hotel was a durian (an extremely stinky fruit) stand. One night the naughty people across the hall bought some and took it to their room. It was torture by fruit - I could smell it all night long!I spent one day at the excellent Singapore Zoo, followed by an evening at the even more excellent Night Safari next door. At one point I was standing with a couple watching two bears who were very close to us. There was no one else around and it was a magical moment on a beautiful, peaceful night. Then one of the bears jumped onto a log and farted, loudly. We just about died laughing, and I couldn't stop giggling for ages afterwards. I must of looked loony wandering around in the darkness giggling by myself.
On Thursday 29 June after 74 days, 3 continents, 12 countries and 19 flights....I was back home with Shanon & Jessie again. It was nice to be back, but of course I'd do the whole trip over again in a heartbeat. It was perfect.
A huge thank you to Ray, Kaoru, Lloyd, Bob, Flo, Eva, Corin, Caroline & everyone else who went out of their way to make sure that we had a wonderful time!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home