Tuesday, October 03, 2006

What We've Been Up To

It's been almost 3 months since I got back to NZ, and plenty has been happening.

Not long after I got back our Canadian friends Shane & Tracey came to stay with us for a while. We went out to Piha and Bethell's beach with them one day - a day trip that Shanon and I both really enjoyed. I hadn't been to either place since I was about 14! After sightseeing all over the world it was particularly nice to explore some of the great places we are fortunate to have so close to home.
A couple of months ago I got a promotion at work. Considering I'd just had three months off I really wasn't expecting it, but I'm not complaining. My new title is Business Analyst - fancy, huh? The only downside is that it's a full-time position, but now that I'm used to my new hours it's going OK. Besides, the extra money is certainly handy for paying off our travel debt and saving for Japan next year.

On September 17 we celebrated 11 wonderful years together. Shanon got a bonus the week before in the form of Bunnings voucher, so we used to to buy ourselves an anniversary gift - a big outdoor table with four matching chairs. It's out on our back deck and we're looking forward to putting it to very good use over the summer.

Together again!


Shane & Tracey at Piha

Tracey & I on Bethell's Beach

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home